1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really like the newer fibers but haven't gotten to try them...especially the sea silk, stainless steel yarn, and the corn fibers. I like wool and cotton. Not really fond of anything with acrylic because it hurts my hands. :(
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use the knitpicks options needles now so I store them in the case that they came in. I store DPN's in a traveling toothbrush case and my straights are in a roll up holder with a ribbon tie.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 2 years now. I would say that I'm intermediate. There is a lot that I haven't gotten to try and I'm starting to dabble in lace now.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Hrm, no but that's a good idea, lol.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I really like vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I'm not really picky on candy. I DO love reisien (chocolate covered chocolate caramel) but can't seem to find it around here anymore.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I really just knit. I can crochet but don't enjoy it nearly as much. I got a spindle from SP10 but I'm having trouble and pretty much put it away for awhile. I'm going to try again soon!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to almost anything. I'm into trying anything new.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like almost anything. I really don't have any that I can't stand. The one yarn that I saw that I decided was beautiful was rainbow but it was all pastel colors. No yarn stores near me either (explains my poor looking stash!) so I can't seem to find it.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a 3 1/2 yo son but no pets unless you count him, lol.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
But of course! Love them all.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit hats, socks, and now I'm into lace shawls. I want to knit a sweater one day too.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm currently knitting a pair of Rainy Day socks from Magknits and the Forest Canopy Shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course I do!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I really like circs. Haven't been knitting with anything else recently. I use metal but I need to get some bamboo ones for my lace projects.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Don't I WISH!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hrm...probably 1 - 1.5 years old, lol.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Probably Christmas but every holiday has its own special things for me.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
YARN!!!!!!!! If I could turn my apartment into a yarn store I would...but I'd knit it all and lse money.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any mag. subscriptions but if I had the money for them I would. I love the mags and make special trips to walmart to sit there and check them out, LOL. I buy when there is a pattern in there that is just calling my name. As for the other things...maybe some circs in sock sizes that are longer so I can do magic loop. I'd really like to try magic loop on a sock. I'm dying to get my hands on ANY yarn but of course I want the softest ones, lol. I also want some Schaefer Anne because it's a dream to knit with!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Hrm. FairIsle and Intarsia. It's really all I haven't at least dabbled in.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Sure am! My foot is a womens size 7 US. I'm not sure of the measurments and, of course, my tape measure is MIA...like every other knitters tape measure in the world, lol.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Not yet. I'm still waiting and I have more than 10k people ahead of me :(
Hope this helps my pal out. I can't wait to start this round of secret pal. It's so fun to get the surprise packages AND to send them out to your pal and see if they liked the items that you chose!