I signed up and here is my questionaire for my partner-to-be. I will probably repost this sooner to the start date at the risk of being repetitive but bare with me here...I don't want to forget to get it on here SOMEWHERE!
I really do not have a favorite kind of yarn, brandwise. I do like natural fibers though and am not really all that fond of acrylics...I only crochet blankets from acrylics, knitting is almost always natural fiber since it takes me so long to do and I want it to be something I am SUPER proud of :)
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I put my knitting needles in a mason jar so that people can see them because it gets a lot of conversation started and people see them and ask me about knitting and if I can teach them often...but mostly because Im to lazy to just go get a needle roll or other holder. My crochet hooks are stored in a plastic toothbrush holder...the ones that you take on vacation to keep the brush clean. I also keep my DPN's in with the hooks as well.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for over a year. I learned from my Aunt Sue who taught me the knit stitch and I liked it so well that I got online and taught myself to purl and then other, more complex things, such as cables and lace patterns, ect.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not at this time. I may look into it though.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I really like vanilla and I like anything that is feminine and pretty...lilacs also.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Well, I'm diabetic so I cant have TOO much candy...but when I splurge I LOVE reisen chocolate candy...YUM
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I would really LOVE to learn to spin. I was looking into getting a drop spindle and some roving to spin...but just didn't do it. I feel guilty buying myself things so I used the money to buy my son a toy truck, HAHA!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like pop/top40 kind of music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I saw a pair of socks on a blog once that were self striping and they were hot pink and hot orange and probabaly a few other colors. Those colors look really good together and I would LOVE to get my needles into that color mix, lol. But really Im not at all picky. I love all yarn, yarn is our friend!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am living with my son, Andrew, who just turned 3 and then it's just me!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I haven't worn them but I would be happy to recieve them. I make a lot of mittens, just never can find a reason to wear them and I just give them all away as gifts, lol. Hats make my hair go crazy so my son gets them...but it's COLD in Ohio so I can sacrifice beauty for comfort at this point ;)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit Teddy Bear sweaters and clothes for my friends daughters bear...I am also a sock ADDICT, lol. Once I got my first pair of DPN's I was hooked.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Knitting a bear sweater for a friend that wanted one and a pair of socks, Mittens, and a scarf.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure! It's great to know that someone is thinking enough about me to make me something nice!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Right now I only have 1 circular needle and only 2-3-4 in DPN's while I have a complete set of straights so I would have to say circular and DPN's...I love bamboo, metal, anything really. Doesn't matter!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope, Im lacking in the knitting world huh?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Not old...maybe 6 months?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I like them all really
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Right now I want to collect an entire set of DPN's...does that count? LOL
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not really dying for too much...I really would like to get a stitch N' bitch book at some point because there are a lot of great patterns and ideas and tricks in there. I borrowed one from the library once and wish I could have kept it for myself, haha. As for needles, as I said, DPN's are great. I need them to make the hats that I want and some of the clothes that I would like to try need them as well for sleeves and such...and of course...I cant make a sock without them yet so for that as well.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would love to learn how to make socks on 2 circular needles...and I would like to learn how to spin myself.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
YES! YES! Double yes, haha! I wear a US 7 in shoes...not totally sure what the measurements are.
23. When is your birthday?
Feb. 11th, 1984...It's COMING, lol.