Monday, February 05, 2007

I've Gone Crazy!

So, it's official. I'm insane. I decided that since cuff down socks weren't keeping me as entertained as they once were that I would mix it up a bit and try a toe-up sock.

I managed to get the toe started after about 5 tries and provisional cast on is nothing to laugh about...I think I need someone that REALLY knows what they are doing to teach me a thing or two!

Then a started my increases and all that and I'm finally making the foot. Im not sure that it's going to fit because it might be to big where my foot goes in on the arch so Im going to look around online and see if there are some pattern on there that adapt for this. I don't want to try it on my own...but, again, Im making this sock with only instructions on how to cast on and how to make a short row heel so...maybe Im being daring enough there, HA!

Wish me luck...I will be posting pics as soon as I can. Maybe tomorrow if I can get enough done that it doesn't just look like a teddy bear hat (as the little girl that lives here calls it) and if the whole short row heel thing works out.

If anyone has any comments that might help me out PLEASE feel free to post! I am totally open to all new suggestions!

Till next time,
Kelly

1 comment:

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Can I recommend you try thr fiqure eight cast on for the toe and also use the magic loop to knit 2 toe ups at one time. I know it sounds daunting but it IS realy easy and just think- NO send sock syndrome!