1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
- I like anything that is wool or bamboo, etc. I just don't like acrylic yarn but anything that is a natural fiber is great!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
- My needles go in the Knitpicks binder that came with the set and I store my crochet hooks which I only use when I need something REALLY fast as a gift...in a toothbrush holder.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- I've been knitting for about 3 years now. I always wanted to knit but never knew someone that could and one day my aunt told me that her daughter was learning at a library and I asked her to teach me. She only knew how to do the long tail cast on and the knit stitch but she taught me all she knew and I taught myself all the rest online using videos and from books that I picked up at the local book store.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
- Nope but I probably should, lol.
5. What's your favorite scent?
- I like vanilla, most florals....chocolate, lol. I'm not too picky, just don't like sweet pea.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
- I'm diabetic...usually I can get away with candy but I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd child...so I try not to snack as much. I DO like diabetic, sugar free candy they sell at walmart though. Oh!!!!! and I would NOT be opposed to ANY type of sour candy. I love those sour war heads, sour gummy candies, etc. I can't go past them in the store without grabbing some!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
- I crochet when I need to but it's definately not my favorite. I'm a knitter at heart. I would like to try jewelry making and quilting but I don't even own a sewing machine so I guess I'll be waiting on that one, lol.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
- I like pop/top 40's type music, some rap but nothing to hard core, 80's music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
- I'm an equal oppertunity color lover, lol. I like almost everything!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
- I am 24, married and have a 4 1/2yo son named Andrew and a baby on the way. We find out what the sex of this baby is on Nov. 25th and we can't wait. Fingers are crossed for a girl! We can't really have pets because my husband is allergic to almost everything BUT we did find out he's not allergic to rats....and we have 2. A siamese rat that looks just the same as a mini siamese cat, and a nekkid rat. They do live in a cage outside on our balcony and we wash our hands after handling them so they aren't around anything inside.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
- Not so much anymore because we live in Northern California now instead of Ohio but I certainly appriciate anything :)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
- I LOVE to knit socks. I'm a sock addict.
13. What are you knitting right now?
- This could be a LONG list. I'm knitting a pair of socks for my son, a pair for me, a baby sweater that is unisex, a sweater for me when I'm NOT pregnant, thinking about another pair of socks for me, a scarf as a Christmas present, and dishcloths that are also Christmas presents.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Certainly! I like everything that is handmade. Makes me feel special that someone made something with just me in mind! :)
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like all needles really. I like circs most because the straights hurt me to knit with....but still want to try the knitpicks harmony straights, lol. I like metal needles for socks because small needles break....and bamboo is great for other things...never had a bamboo circ...hrm....and not so big on plastic. They bend and I end up having to throw them away.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
- I DID finally buy a ball winder....but no swift still. I wrap the hank around my feet and wind it a little at a time until I have the entire ball done, lol. Means I can use all those beautiful hanks I've had sitting around!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
- Probably a year or maybe more. I started an Hour Glass sweater from Last minute Knitted Gifts for myself but then I put it down and forgot then moved to Cali and then got pregnant so I decided to wait until the baby is here to work on it since it won't fit until after then....but I may get working on it. Just gotta make a sleeve and a half then add them on and knit the shoulder part.
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
- I think my favorite holiday is Christmas. I love giving people things that I made for them by hand and seeing their faces when they see it's handmade. It makes me feel like I did something really special for them!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
- Nope...Not really. I DO collect yarn, does that count?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
- Oh my gosh...I want to make something out of Noro SOOOOOOOOO BAD. I've not used Noro yet but I see it often and the colors amaze me. I love the changes in color. I'd love to try some yarns like panda silk, yarntini, yarn pirate, cherry tree hill, and other socks yarns like those that I haven't gotten to try. I currently have subscriptions to Creative Knitting and Knit 'N Style. I love knitting magazines and I'd get more subscriptions if I could talk hubby into helping me buy more, lol.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to try knitting 2 socks on 2 circs but I need the proper needles for it. I know I can find out HOW to do it online...just need to get me some good needles in sock sizes to try it out.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
- I am indeed! My foot is a size 8 US. I'm not really sure what the measurments are but I've never made a pattern that didn't fit me in the leg and gusset so I guess I'm just "normal" lol.
23. When is your birthday?
- Feb. 11th. I am FINALLY in a SP that will be going on during my birthday! lol.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
- I am on ravelry, my name there is Kellye8498.